Water Melon Mousse
Deliciously light summer mousse that can be made using any seasonal fruits
For 4 Person(s)
- 225 gms Water Melon
- 400 ml Apple Juice
- 200 gms Fresh Strawberries
- 2 tsp Berry Concentrate
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 dsp White Almond Butter
- 1 tbs Barley Malt Syrup
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 tbs Agar Flakes
Water Melon Mousse Directions
- 1. Pour the apple juice and the pinch of salt into a pan and sprinkle the Agar flakes onto the cold liquid.
2. Bring the apple juice to the boil without stirring
3. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the agar is completely dissolved.
4. Put a little of the juice on a dish in the fridge to test the consistency. It should set to a reasonably firm jelly.
5. Chop the water melon into small pieces and remove the seeds.
6. Drop it into the jelly when cool, just before it sets firm
7. Allow to cool completely in the fridge for a few hours or overnight
8. Add the almond butter to the cold jelly and blend with a stick blender until light and fluffy
9. Place the strawberries in a blender with the berry concentrate and blend until smooth
10. Drizzle or swirl it into the mousse and garnish with fresh mint leaves
(vegetarian, gluten free, lactose free)
Hi celia , it's been a long time ... Can I ask when you put the lemon juice and the Barley malt syru...
See Full Review >> - gerd.de.clercq